In accordance with the new Data Protection Regulations, I now have a Privacy Notice which explains how I protect and deal with the personal information given to me by me clients. Here’s a copy:
Andy Collins PR & Training
Andy Collins, trading as Andy Collins PR & Training (referred to hereafter as ‘Andy Collins’ or ‘I’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (‘GDPR’).
To outline Andy Collins’s processes aligned to Data Protection and Privacy in relation to you.
Who does this policy apply to?
All clients of Andy Collins and any other individuals or organisations who provide personal data to Andy Collins.
Who am I?
Andy Collins is the data controller and data processor. This means I decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. My contact details are: Andy Collins, Ridding Cottage, Ridding Court, Esh Winning, Durham DH7 9HY. Telephone 0191-3112175. Mobile 0796 743 9424. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. For all data matters contact Andy Collins using the above contact details.
The purposes of processing your personal data
I use your personal data only:
- for the purpose of providing you with the services you have contracted me to supply, and
- for the purpose of invoicing you, reminding you about outstanding payments and refunding money you have overpaid.
The categories of data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the GDPR, I process the following categories of your data:
- Personal identification data (name, address, email address, mobile/landline telephone number). We have obtained this personal data from you. This data is kept electronically and/or in paper form is directly accessible only by me.
- Payment data (details of payments made by you to me, payments due but outstanding, payments made to you by me, details of correspondence with you on the subject of payments). This data is cross-referenced with the personal data detailed above, for the purposes of issuing correspondence. This data is kept by a combination of electronic and paper means and is directly accessible only by me.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. It will not be shared with anyone without your express permission.
How long do we keep your personal data
I keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. If you cease to be my client, I will keep your personal details for 12 months and then delete it. This 12 month period is to make it easier to resume our contract in case you decide to become my client again in that time. If at the end of the 12 month period you owe me money, or I owe you money, I may keep your payment data until such time as the issue is settled.
Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract to manage the services you have engaged me to provide to you.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right at any time to opt-out of any communications from me addressed to you using your personal data, or to specify by what means you wish me to contact you (email, letter and/or telephone). You may do this simply by contacting me and indicating your preferences;
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Automated Decision Making
I do not use any kind of automated decision making.
If I wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then I will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a compliant
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Andy Collins, Ridding Cottage, Ridding Court, Esh Winning, Durham DH7 9HY. Telephone 0191-3112175. Mobile 0796 743 9424. Email email@example.com.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Policy Updated: May 2018